The Session Instance page in Real User Monitoring provides information about a specific user session from within your application. You can find details about that user, retrace their journey through your application, and understand how each page loaded.
The Session Instance page displays the following user information:
- User ID: By default the user ID is anonymous. If you wish to identify the user you can set up User Tracking
- Country: The country where the user is located.
- IP Address: The IP address from which the user accessed your application.
- Device: The device type the session took place on.
- Platform: The operating system which the session took place on.
- Browser: The browser which the session took place in.
Below the user information, the following metrics are displayed about the session:
- Experience Score: This score provides an indication of the user experience based on load time. You can find more information about the experience score in performance metrics.
- Session Length: The total duration of the user session.
- Page Views: The number of pages which the user visited during the session.
- Average Load Time: The average load time across all the pages visited in the session.
- Average Virtual Page Viewing Time: If the user navigated to any number of virtual pages in the session this measures the average time spent on the page/s (only applicable to Single Page Applications).
- Errors: With Raygun Crash Reporting linked in the same application, you can see a count of the number of errors within the session.
Viewing the User Journey
The Session Instance shows you each page that a user visited in the session, allowing you to retrace a users journey through your application.
Each block shows the following information for each page visited in the session:
- Page Type: This will display whether the page is static or virtual.
- Page Performance Score: This score gives an indication of the page performance based on load time.
- User Experience Score: This score gives an indication of user experience, based on the load time and whether any errors occured (if Raygun Crash Reporting is linked).
- Load Time: The total time it took for the page to load.
- Viewing Time: The total time the user spent viewing the page.
note: For virtual pages, the block only displays viewing time.