Raygun APM offers support for ASP.NET Framework, ASP.NET MVC ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET WebAPI
- Windows Server 2012 or newer
- 2 GHz or faster multi-core processor
- 1 GB of RAM
- 2 GB available hard disk space
- 64-Bit Windows
Installing the agent
Step 1 - Download the installer
Download the Raygun Agent on the server you would like to monitor.
Step 2 - Install the Agent
Open the Agent installer you downloaded and follow the on-screen prompts to install the Agent.
Step 3 - Register the Agent
Launch the Raygun Profiler Configuration tool. Under the Agent tab of the configuration tool, set the Default API key to your app's API key and then click Register Agent.
- Default API key |
Note: Your app API key is displayed when you create a new application in your Raygun account, or can be viewed in the application settings.
Step 4 - Attach to an IIS application pool
Select the application pool using the dropdown and click Register. Use your API key above.
You may change the API key if you would like the data to be associated with a different application.
Recycle the application pool to start profiling.
Step 5 - Update to the latest version of Raygun4Net
In your server side Visual Studio project(s) for this application, we recommended you update the Raygun4Net NuGet package to the latest release in order to correlate data between Crash Reporting and APM.
You can do this by right clicking on the project, or by using the NuGet package manager console. Update the Raygun4Net package you have installed to the latest version.
Deregistering an application pool
If an application is no longer being served from a particular application pool or you no longer want a particular application to be monitored, you can deregister that application's application pool in the configuration utility.
1. Go to the IIS tab of the Raygun Configuration Utility.
2. Select the registered application pool which you would like to de-register
3. Click the Deregister button
4. Click Yes on the dialog to recycle the application pool
Deregistering the agent
If you want to disable monitoring of all the applications on a server, you can deregister the agent using the configuration utility.
1. Go to the Agent tab in the Raygun Configuration Utility
2. Click the Deregister button
3. Once the agent has successfully deregistered, the status in the bottom left will have updated:
Having trouble receiving traces? Please look at our troubleshooting guides.