Inbound filters help you filter out errors before they are recorded, reducing noise in Crash Reporting, helping you focus on the most important errors.
tip: Inbound filters can be used to manage your Crash Reporting bill, as filtered errors don't count towards your monthly error usage.
Setting up inbound filters
You can filter on the following parameters:
- IP Address
- Machine Name
- User Agent
- Custom data
To set up a filter:
- Click 'Inbound filters' in the sidebar navigation under 'Crash Reporting'.
- Select a parameter to filter on from the tabs in the 'Create an inbound filter' module.
- Input the value to filter on, and click 'Add filter'.
- The filter should appear in the 'Active inbound filters' module below.
- Wildcards are supported for all inbound filter types.
- New inbound filters only apply to new errors after a filter is activated. Inbound filters don't apply to existing errors.
The 'Active inbound filters' module on shows you which inbound filters are currently active for that Raygun application. Click the cross next to a filter to remove it.