This integration will allow you to link a Raygun error group to a new or existing JIRA issue.
On this page:
- In Raygun, on the application sidebar, click Integrations, then JIRA:
- Click the Setup tab, then enter your project URL, username and password. Your username should be what you access JIRA with, not your email address. Even if JIRA lets you log in with an email address, you can't access the API with it. Hit Save Changes when you're ready.
- Choose a project and task type for Raygun to use when communication with JIRA
- Click 'Save Changes', and you're done!
Create a webhook in Jira
By using a webhook, resolving issues in JIRA will also resolve the linked Raygun error groups. Here's how to create a webhook in Jira so you can get those error groups resolved in no time!
- Login to JIRA and ensure you are a project administrator
- Click to the cog icon next to your avatar
- Click on 'System'
- Click on 'WebHooks', located on the left sidebar under the 'Advanced' section
- Click on the 'Create a WebHook' button
- Give your webhook a name
- Set the status to 'Enabled'
- In the 'URL', copy and paste the 'JIRA Webhook URL' found in your Raygun Jira Setup tab
- For the 'Events' checkboxes, check the 'updated' checkbox under 'Issue'
- Click 'Save'
Learn more about JIRA webhooks