- ASP.NET MVC
- ASP.NET Web Forms
- ASP.NET WebAPI
- ASP.NET Core
- .NET 4.5 installed (Windows Server 2008 or above)
- 1 GHz or faster processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- 2 GB available hard disk space (x64)
- 64-Bit Windows
1. In the navigation, go to the ASP.NET application you would like to activate APM for. If you would not like to add it to an existing ASP.NET application, just go to Create Application in the context switcher menu. Follow the create application instructions.
2. Once you have navigated to the application you would like to activate APM for, or created a new application, click on the APM link in the navigation. (Skip this step if this is not the first application that you’re setting up APM for)
3. Select .NET on the Set up APM screen.
4. You’ll be taken to the instructions page. Complete the first step by downloading the Raygun Agent.
5. Log into the server where your application is installed with Remote Desktop Connection.
6. Copy the downloaded Raygun Agent msi file to a folder on the remote machine (e.g. Downloads).
7. Install the Raygun Agent by running the installer. Once this is installed, you should have a new desktop application available called Raygun Profiler Configuration.
You can always locate the Raygun Profiler Configuration at %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Raygun\RaygunAgent\RaygunConfigurationUtil.exe
8. Go back to the browser on your local computer where you have the Raygun web app open and copy the API key from the instructions page. (Skip this step if the Default API key has already been set)
9. Open the Raygun Configuration Utility, set the Default API key to the API key from the instructions page and click Register.
10. Open the IIS tab in the Raygun Configuration Utility and select the IIS application pool you would like to monitor with APM and click Register.
11. Enter the API key from the instructions screen in the dialog box.
12. You will be prompted to recycle the selected IIS application pool, once this is done the agent will be set up and actively monitoring your application.
13. To check that your application is being monitored correctly, go back to the browser on your local computer and click the Test Application button at the bottom of the instructions page. NOTE: it may take a few minutes for data to be ingested.
14. Once the application has successfully received data from APM, you will see a success message and a green button. Click View your data in APM.
15. Raygun APM is set up and live data from your server is now visible and easy to analyze!
Deregistering an application pool
If an application is no longer being served from a particular application pool or you no longer want a particular application to be monitored, you can deregister that application’s application pool in the configuration utility.
1. Go to the IIS tab of the Raygun Configuration Utility.
2. Select the registered application pool which you would like to de-register
3. Click the Deregister button
4. Click Yes on the dialog to recycle the application pool
Deregistering the agent
If you want to disable monitoring of all the applications on a server, you can deregister the agent using the configuration utility.
1. Go to the Agent tab in the Raygun Configuration Utility
2. Click the Deregister button
3. Once the agent has successfully deregistered, the status in the bottom left will have updated:
Need help setting up Raygun APM?
The Raygun Agent should be easy to set up but if you are not able to install and configure the Raygun Agent yourself, you can invite a fellow team member to help you get set up.
To invite a fellow team member, look for the “Email instructions” button on the right hand sidebar of the APM setup instructions page, for your application:
From here, you can email a team member the APM setup instructions, as well as invite them to your new APM application as a user (to do this, you will need to tick the checkbox highlighted below):
If you are still having issues with the setup, you can send us a message by using the “Contact Raygun” link in the sidebar of your application. One of our engineers will then follow up with you within 48 hours.