Crashes on 5.0 and need to temporary disable raygun

AlexT

Posted on
Nov 06 2017

We are getting stackoverflow IIS process crashes on Mindscape.Raygun4Net.SimpleJson.SerializeObject as in below stack. We’ve found that this is known issue https://raygun.com/forums/thread/26292

Quote:"I've just pushed a new release of Raygun4Net (v5.1.1) to NuGet which fixes the stack overflow issue. The problem was a bug in the cyclic detection code that I wrote in the SimpleJson file. Sorry for the trouble! Also there are few other potentially related exceptions in a dump"

We’ll upgrade to the latest version (which one?) ASAP, please confirm that it will fix this crash and exceptions.

Upgrade and code redeploy will take time. Meanwhile I feel we need to turn off Raygun on server to prevent this reporting. We are using add name="RaygunErrorModule" type="Mindscape.Raygun4Net.RaygunHttpModule" .net deployment. Will it be enough to set raygunSettings apiKey="" to empty string? Or do we need to take add module out of web.config too?

Jason Fauchelle

Raygun

Posted on
Nov 06 2017

Hi Alex,

The latest version of Raygun4Net is 5.5.2. This will resolve the cyclic serialization issue.

Currently, avoiding serialization would be done by removing the module. We should probably check the api key before serialization.

Let us know if you have further questions.

-Jason Fauchelle