app.raygun.com: Crash Reporting throws "Cannot read property 'forEach' of undefined"

airbender72

Posted on
Jul 11 2017

When I enter certain error groups the app throws a "Cannot read property 'forEach' of undefined" error (see attached screenshot). The spinner will persist and the stack trace etc will never show.

I've sampled some cases and it seems like only errors that have been caught by the enableCrashReporting option are affected. Syntax errors seem to work though. Errors submitted by calling rg4js() directly are not affected.

I encountered the error the first time about a month ago (a bit uncertain, since I just ignored it in the beginning).

The raygun snippet is in the head tag. The settings are defined just before the body end tag:

rg4js('enableCrashReporting', true);
rg4js('setVersion', "1234");
rg4js('options', {ignoreAjaxAbort: true});

airbender72

Posted on
Jul 11 2017

Digged a little further. The following tabs are affected (same js error):

• Summary
  • Error details (which shows the "There is currently no stacktrace data available for this error." message)

The other tabs (HTTP, Environment, Custom, Breadcrumbs, Raw data) are not affected.

I suspect something in the stacktrace payload is malformed.

This is the Error part of the raw data:

"Error": {
      "Message": "AJAX Error: Internal Server Error GET /api/2/adminCustomer/9481",
      "StackTrace": []
 },

Sam

Raygun

Posted on
Jul 12 2017

Hi airbender72,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

Does the error occur on page load/tab change, or after performing a particular action?

We'll remedy this error shortly, so it shouldn't appear again.

Cheers,

Sam

airbender72

Posted on
Jul 12 2017

Hi Sam,

It happens on both page load and tab change. I've attached a gif that shows it.

Thanks for looking into it! If you need any further information, just ping me.