Is there a size limit for files uploaded to Source Map Center?

JonezS

Posted on
Jan 27 2017

We're uploading files through the API and the file size is getting bigger and bigger (11.9 MB for source maps at the moment). So I would like to know if there is a limit for the size and are there any issues we might face in the future when file size grows even more?

John-Daniel Trask

Raygun

Posted on
Jan 27 2017

Hi,

The current limit is 60MB. You can keep coding :-)

I hope that helps,

John-Daniel Trask

JonezS

Posted on
Jan 27 2017

Thanks for the information.

I'd still like to know why we can't use -TransferEncoding "gzip" flag in our Powershell script's Invoke-RestMethod to reduce the size of the files posted to Raygun? We just get an error that says "The remote server returned an error: (501) Not Implemented." Shouldn't this basic functionality be supported? Is there any Raygun supported way to reduce the size of the files when using the script that was given for me here: https://raygun.com/forums/thread/67891

John-Daniel Trask

Raygun

Posted on
Jan 28 2017

Hmm -- that's a good question!

I'd hazard a guess that it might be the API software we're using, but I'll route the question to one of our tech team to see if we can get it in there. Fingers crossed it's just a small configuration change.

I'll update once they've had a good. Good spotting!

jeremy

Raygun

Posted on
Jan 30 2017

Sorry at this stage this is not something we can support. We are looking in to what we can do to allow support for this in the future and I will post an update if and when we have added support for this. For now you will need to send through the requests using a non compressed payload.

Jeremy