Raygun and Xamarin

Thomas Wong

Posted on
Mar 18 2014

Is it possible to use Raygun to report on the line number of the crash for an iOS app created in Xamarin?

So far, I am using Raygun but it is generating the same data as Apple's crash log, and not the actual line number where I can find in my Xamarin project.

Thanks,

Tom

John-Daniel Trask

Raygun

Posted on
Mar 18 2014

Hi Tom,

This is something we're investigating but don't have a firm timeline on. We think we can achieve it by wrapping our native iOS crash reporting up for Xamarin since it hooks in a bit lower down the stack.

If we find a way to achieve this you can be sure we'll be making a big announcement on our blog about it. I'll also be updating all the threads here about it :-)

Sorry I can't be of more help at this time,

John-Daniel Trask
Co-founder
Mindscape Limited

Derek

Posted on
Aug 28 2015

Any updates here?

Jason Fauchelle

Raygun

Posted on
Aug 28 2015

Hi Derek,

Thanks for pinging this thread. We did wrap our native Raygun4iOS provider into the managed Raygun4Net.Xamarin.iOS provider which now allows Raygun4Net to detect native objective-C exceptions. These exception reports can be symbolified if you upload the equivalent dSYMs, and can provide the Objective-C line numbers.

Managed exceptions however did not benefit from this and so we are still unable to get line numbers for managed exceptions. We may still look into this again for a future version, but not sure when that could be.

Sorry I could not be of more help with this.

-Jason Fauchelle