Error message group doesn't match the stack trace error message

nboettcher

Posted on
Aug 13 2016

We are multiple instances of where the error message on the dashboard/Slack integration reports the wrong error message, while if we drill into this error we will see the stack trace is providing a different and the correct error message. You can see in my screenshot where the error is a SqlException...but the top message (also which gets displayed in Slack) doesn't match the error message in the Stack Trace below. I would expect these to be the same.WrongErrorMessageScreenshot

Deleted User

Posted on
Dec 27 2016

Hello Nate!

I wanted to check in with you to see if you were still experiencing this odd behavior with the stack trace message and the error group title message not matching up. If so please let us know with a recent example or two and we'll dig in immediately!

Thank you for your patience,

Jesse, Developer Evangelist at Raygun

nboettcher

Posted on
Dec 28 2016

Jesse,

We are still seeing this from time to time. Our most recent example occurred 5 days ago.

This is the screenshot of the Group title message (also, what we see in our Slack integration). This message is incorrect: grouptitlemessage

And this is the screenshot of the actual error message that is correct in the Stack Trace. stacktracemessage