caching crash reports

JuergenPichler

Posted on
Jun 29 2016

I'm planning to use raygun in our projects (mostly mobile apps). A very important feature to me is the handling of crash reports if the phone is currently offline.

My understanding is that those crashes are saved locally and sent to the raygun-server as soon as possible. But when exactly? Do I have to start the crashed app again or is it covered in a sort of background task without need to start the crashed app again?

Deleted User

Posted on
Jun 29 2016

Hello, Juergen!

On the Android side of things, if there is not internet/network connection the provider will save the exception message to disk. The next time the provider goes to send a message and there is an internet/network connection, the queued messages (up to 64) will be sent as well.

I'm going to check with the rest of the team to confirm what the behavior is on the iOS side, just to be sure.

Please let us know if you have any other questions! I'll update you with the iOS information as soon as I get it.

JuergenPichler

Posted on
Jun 29 2016

Hi Jesse,

thx a lot!!!

Deleted User

Posted on
Jun 29 2016

No problem at all, Juergen!

I also just heard back from the team, Crash Reporting for iOS does indeed function the same way as the Android version.

Let us know if you have any other questions!