Uploading dSYM in platform-agnostic manner

gauche

Posted on
Jun 08 2016

Hi,

I'm working on a set of Xamarin applications and I want the CI build to upload dSYMs to Raygun. I'm using curl successfully on Mac, but the build also needs to run on Windows.

Other than writing my own upload code (which I've just tried and is way more painful than I anticipated due to the use of HTML forms), is there a way for me to invoke a tool that just works cross-platform? Alternatively, is there another way to upload dSYMs besides using the HTTP FORM-based endpoint? Like, FTP, or a web API or something more sensible?

EDIT: I'm also trying this curl distribution for Windows. Not sure if things are working yet, but are other people doing something similar?

Thanks

Jason Fauchelle

Raygun

Posted on
Jun 10 2016

Hi Gauche,

Thanks for your feedback. The ability to upload a dSYM file from a script or code could certainly be improved. I've noted this down. I've not heard of what other people are doing on Windows. I hope you can get it working with the cURL distribution you linked. Let us know how it goes.

-Jason Fauchelle

gauche

Posted on
Jun 10 2016

Thanks Jason,

I did get it working with the cURL distribution I linked to. But it does feel a little clunky. Thankfully, I've checked with AppVeyor (where I intend to run my builds eventually) and they said they do have a curl on the path.

Cheers

Jason Fauchelle

Raygun

Posted on
Jun 10 2016

Excellent, thanks for letting me know. Let us know any time you have further questions about Raygun.

-Jason Fauchelle