Hi,

I send custom data which looks something like this (just an excerpt):

rgErrorId: "1-459-325-234-488-894"
title: "testerror 2"
exc: {
  errorName: "Error"
  errorMsg: "testerror 2"
  errorStack: "Error: testerror 2
        at Ext.define.addError (.../ErrorHandler.js:xx:yy)
        at <anonymous>:2:18
        at Object.InjectedScript._evaluateOn (<anonymous>:xx:yyy)
        at Object.InjectedScript._evaluateAndWrap (<anonymous>:xx:yy)
        at Object.InjectedScript.evaluate (<anonymous>:xx:yy)"
}
url: "https://127.0.0.1:446/#/"
userId: 100001
sessionId: "1-459-325-225-496-021"

The rgErrorId is (pseudo) unique for every error instance we send to raygun whilst the sessionId is the same for every error instance within a JavaScript session (from page load until page refresh, navigation to another site etc.).

If i search for the error ID "1-459-325-234-488-894" (without the quotes), the corresponding error is found but oddly enough nothing at all is found if I search for the session ID "1-459-325-225-496-021" which should actually find 4 errors right now (testerror 1 - 4).

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks & best regards,

Mike

Callum

Posted on
Mar 31 2016

Thanks for reporting this case, there most likely is a bug here as special handling is needed and in place for custom data and GUID-like data. I have added this to my list to debug for you as soon as possible, and will be in touch in the near future.

Regards,

Callum Gavin
Raygun Limited

suamikim

Posted on
Mar 31 2016

Thanks for your fast response. I'm really looking forward to a solution since this would dramatically improve my workflow with raygun in some situations.

FYI: I've also tried other formats for the GUID-like session ID like "c2ef891a-7f1b-4e16-a242-6680b25b0aac" which didn't work either.

PhilAI

Posted on
Mar 28 2019

Hi,

We experience the same issue, but we only have two fields in our custom data. The first one I can search on, but the second is never found.

I have also found other issues. If I search for url: "page.asp" then I get no errors, but if I search for part of the URL, for example url: "modules/configuration" then I get the exception I am looking and the URL is modules/configuration/page.asp!?

Furthermore, if I search url: "modules/configuration" and then filter by Host, then I get no errors, even though opening the exception I can see the Host is the one I have filtered by.

Many thanks.