Get stack trace for Ajax errors

Nish

Posted on
Nov 12 2013

I am not getting any stack trace for ajax errors. Is there a way to get more details ? Can I ignore 401 errors ?

Script error at processJQueryAjaxError line null, column null (null:null)

at wrapped line null, column null (null:null)
 at [anonymous] line null, column null (null:null)
 at k line null, column null (null:null)

martin308

Posted on
Nov 12 2013

Hi Nish,

I am investigating this for you, unfortunately it is likely that for that particular error that is all that we are currently able to retrieve. I will attempt to see if we can make this any better for you and get back to you.

martin308

Posted on
Nov 13 2013

Hi Nish,

Unfortunately it is very difficult to generate a stack trace in JavaScript when there is no error to base it off. This will be the best we can get for now with the built in jQuery ajax error handling. If there is an actual error to throw then we can gather a much better stack trace. Sorry about this. Hopefully we can improve this in the future.

Martin

Nish

Posted on
Nov 19 2013

Hi Martin,

If it is impossible get the stack trace, Can you change ajax error messages to correct error ex: Unauthorized, Bad Request etc. instead of "Script Error" .

It would be great if you can display requested url on the message as well.

Thanks

Nishan

Nish

Posted on
Nov 21 2013

Hi,

I have fixed it by updating the raygun.js file. If anyone interested please follow the link bellow.

https://github.com/nishanperera/raygun4js/commit/3fcc74b774f825cd0dfa1bc7485c1e4f78bf5fc9

Thanks Nish

bbehling

Posted on
Oct 07 2015

I found if you add "Custom Data" to the summary, you will see a more verbose error message.