Cordova phonegap

Damo

Posted on
Nov 12 2013

We have an android app which is currently written exclusively in html 5 and javascript using cordova to do some very light integration with the android core. I was wondering what the recommended solution to integrating with raygun would be in this scenario?

From what I know of how cordova apps work, and how raygun itself works, there would be no point in integrating the raygun android version as the errors will be javascript causing javascript exceptions.

That leaves the javascript version. But the integrated browser that you run inside is not quite the same as a web browser in that there are subtle differences, would the javascript version be suitable running in a cordova app?

cheers

martin308

Posted on
Nov 12 2013

Hi Damo,

you are correct in that the majority of your errors will not be captured with the Android error tracking. It may still be worth adding as it will send any errors that happen to bring our whole app down.

I would have to setup a Cordova environment to confirm this but I see no reason why the JavaScript version would not function in the webview provided by Cordova. I'll set this up and get back to you.

Damo

Posted on
Nov 13 2013

thanks thats brilliant

martin308

Posted on
Nov 13 2013

Hi Damo,

I can confirm that the raygun4js provider works out of the box with Cordova. You may want to add some customisations though to capture any extra Cordova specific information that you might need.

Cheers

Martin

Damo

Posted on
Nov 13 2013

Good work, will let you know if I have any problems cheers Damo

jaredg

Posted on
Mar 22 2017

Glad you guys have it working. I ran into an issue where I couldn't load raygun.min.js over their cdn, I had to package it with the app in order to get it to work. This could be related to some cordova whitelisting issue.