Alerts when the error occurs more than a certain threshold

nicholas.murphy

Posted on
Jan 28 2016

When errors reach a certain threshold, an alert like an SMS would be sent out.

We get emails when new errors occur, but we'd really like to be able to filter out that noise and get a different alert when something looks really bad. Maybe a single error has recently passed a threshold of 500(?) errors in an hour. Or the error rate has spike compared to it's history.

I would like Raygun to let me know when my application starts generating an uncharacteristic amount of errors.

nicholas.murphy

Posted on
Feb 19 2016

Is there anything we can do ourselves to set this up with Raygun?

Deleted User

Posted on
Dec 27 2016

Hello, Nicholas!

This is definitely a feature we're looking into for the future to expand upon our current notification system. While I don't have a time line for a potential release we will make an announcement to our customers once the feature goes live.

Thank you and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or suggestions!

Jesse, Raygun Developer Evangelist

frederik

Posted on
Nov 13 2019

I would also see this as very useful for us. Is this still something that you are working on?

Zheng Li

Raygun

Posted on
Nov 13 2019

Hi all,

We are looking to revamp our alerting capabilities next year and this is one of the features that we are actively pursuing. We will give everyone an update once we have more details to share.

Thank you for helping us improve our alerting!

Zheng Li

VP of Product

Raygun

mgutknecht

Posted on
Jan 04 2021

Where might this be on your development roadmap? I know you previously thought "next year" in the previous 2019 post. Any update that you can share in this regard?

Thanks!

Zheng Li

Raygun

Posted on
Jan 04 2021

Hi there,

Thanks for your question.

We started designing our new alerting system last year in 2020 and had progressed it beyond the initial UI and some alpha testing.

The next step is in building a usable beta that we can bring to our customers for broader user testing and feedback gathering. We are aiming to have the beta version of a basic threshold-based alerting system ready for beta testing by the end of Q1 2021. You can register your interest in our alerting beta and we will reach out once the beta is ready for testing.

For the rest of 2021, we have plans to iterate quickly to bring out more advanced alerting options and integrations across all of our products and bring the new alerting system to General Availability (GA) through staged rollouts.

This is a major project for us in 2021 and we are super excited to see it in action soon!

Thanks

Zheng Li

VP of Product

Raygun