PCL Support for Raygun

Venkata

Posted on
Dec 02 2015

Is there a nuget package for Raygun that is supposed to be used with PCL projects? I tried Raygun4Net but doesn't look it it supports PCL Profile 259 or 111. I am trying to use Raygun with Xamarin.iOS context but we have a common logging class library that gets reused across multiple projects which is why I am trying to get Raygun to work in a PCL.

Thanks!

Jason Fauchelle

Raygun

Posted on
Dec 02 2015

Hi Venkata,

Currently we don't have PCL support, but we're planning to add it to the next version. The release cycle for Raygun4Net is around 2 months at the moment, and as we released a new version a couple of weeks ago, it likely won't be until early next year that this will be available. I'll reply to this thread when it is available, and we can reset your trial at that time if necessary.

In the meantime, let me know if you have further questions.

-Jason Fauchelle

Jason Fauchelle

Raygun

Posted on
Feb 11 2016

Hi Venkata,

I've sent you an email with an alpha version of Raygun4Net PCL support. Let me know any feedback you have about it.

As this is in an early experimental state, this will not be included in the next release of Raygun4Net. I've also attached the binaries to this post in case you don't get the email, or if someone else may find it useful. Here is the source code if you need it: https://github.com/MindscapeHQ/raygun4net/compare/PCL-Support

-Jason Fauchelle

VHendriks

Posted on
Jun 07 2016

Hi,

Is there an update to this? I'd rather avoid using an alpha version. Instead we're currently just adding the dependency to our iOS and Android code and using a shared project for writing a Serilog Sink which works with this. This isn't optimal as you can guess.

Best Regards, Vincent

Jason Fauchelle

Raygun

Posted on
Jun 08 2016

Hi Vincent,

Sorry, no updates have been made to this PCL support. We might be working on Xamarin.Forms support soon which may include looking into general PCL support too, but not totally sure about it just yet.

Regardless, getting some feedback on the alpha version would be a huge help with moving this forward. I certainly understand if you prefer to wait for a final version though.

-Jason Fauchelle

Jay Pedro

Posted on
Jun 14 2016

I would also like to to see this. It would be nice to build a wrapper for handled exceptions that exist in the PCL.

mellson

Posted on
Aug 09 2017

Is a Xamarin Forms PCL available now?