is There a way to remove notification from an application to other team members

Alexandre-K

Posted on
Nov 12 2015

is There a way to remove notification from an application to other team members.

Each time someone create a new application, it sends notification to everyone in the team, and then each team member has to log in to stop the application sending mail. It's annoying

Is there a way for me to access notification of an application and specify who should receive notifications and who should not?

John-Daniel Trask

Raygun

Posted on
Nov 13 2015

Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you uncheck the notification options when setting up the app ('send me error notifications' etc) then notifications won't be applied for anyone. You can then go and add the notifications in after for yourself, and those interested can do the same.

We don't provide a UI for setting other team members notification settings at this time. Some of our customers have many hundreds of team members so it's impractical. What you could also do, is create more granular teams of those interested in notifications and when creating the app, assign it to that team on the first step of the app creation flow.

I hope that helps Alexandre!

John-Daniel Trask

Andrew Furness

Posted on
Mar 17 2016

Hi John-Daniel,

Are you able to clarify where in the create app process we can uncheck 'send me error notifications'? Similar to OP I'm also finding frustration in being automatically subscribed to notifications for new applications our other team members are creating.

Thanks in advance

John-Daniel Trask

Raygun

Posted on
Mar 23 2016

Hi Andrew,

Since I posted this, there have been some changes made to the new app creation flow to better support the two products (Crash Reporting & Pulse). As part of that we've taken away some of the notification options - this was a mistake, and we're looking at re-adding them now.

Our first thought is to have the option for you to get notifications (I suspect that's a fair default), with another option to turn on notifications for the rest of the team.

Further to this, we're looking at ways to add meta data to the emails so that the 'unsubscribe' link appears in Gmail so you can one-click remove yourself from notifications if you are getting some you don't want in future.

Sorry that this thread is a bit out of date. We'll be looking to get this change out in the coming weeks as it is frustrating sorry.

John-Daniel Trask