Raygun.io - Hipchat integration automatically disables during high loads

ann.marinas-vmob

Posted on
May 08 2015

HI there,

We are currently experiencing issues with the Raygun.io - Hipchat integration where if our services are experiencing high loads, the integration gets automatically disabled.

In saying that, we are aware that we could re-enable it manually, but we want to know: why is it automatically disabling the integration and what solutions that could avoid this issue?

Would really appreciate your response.

Many thanks!

Daniel

Posted on
May 08 2015

Hey Ann,

It looks like the HipChat rate limits are being hit, which is causing us to disable the integration after too many failed tries. I've had a chat to the team and we're aware of the issue and have a fix in the pipeline. I will let you know the second it's been sorted!

Cheers, Daniel

ann.marinas-vmob

Posted on
May 08 2015

Thanks Daniel! Really do appreciate it!

ann.marinas-vmob

Posted on
May 11 2015

Hi Daniel,

Any updates on this?

Many thanks!

Cheers, Ann

Daniel

Posted on
May 15 2015

Hey Ann,

We should have a fix out for this by the end of next week, doing a sweep of all the integrations at the same time to make sure this doesn't happen anymore.

Will keep you up to date!

Cheers, Daniel

ann.marinas-vmob

Posted on
May 19 2015

Hi Daniel,

Just want to check if this have been deployed last week?

Many thanks!

Cheers, Ann

Daniel

Posted on
May 22 2015

Hey Ann,

Fix is locked and loaded, will be released first thing on Monday morning.

Have an awesome weekend!

Cheers, Daniel

ann.marinas-vmob

Posted on
May 23 2015

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for sorting this out.

Please do let us know once this has been released to live.

Many thanks again!

Cheers, Ann

Daniel

Posted on
May 25 2015

Morning Ann,

I have just pushed the fix live!

Shortly before the rate limit is hit, we'll post a message into your HipChat channel letting you know that messages will stop shortly if the current rate is sustained so you're well aware when it happens :)

Cheers, Daniel

hmitsch

Posted on
Mar 23 2016

Are we sure that this issue is fixed? I keep getting "We've disabled your integration with HipChat" mails.

Sumitra

Raygun

Posted on
Apr 26 2019

This is just a reminder that Hipchat is now discontinued and therefore no longer supported by Raygun.