.Net Desktop Error Caching

thumphr

Posted on
Apr 07 2015

Will it cache errors in desktop .Net application and report them when an internet connection is available?

Jason Fauchelle

Raygun

Posted on
Apr 07 2015

Hello,

Thanks for asking. Currently this is not done in desktop applications, but we have implemented this for mobile apps and certainly plan to include this support for desktop apps in a future version. We don't have a time frame of when this will be available yet though.

-Jason Fauchelle

Jason Fauchelle

Raygun

Posted on
Nov 25 2015

The latest version of Raygun4Net (v5.2.0) now has offline caching support for desktop applications. If an exception fails to be sent to Raygun - be it no internet connection or otherwise - the report will be saved to an offline cache, and then sent later when possible.

Lars Ryssel

Posted on
Apr 07 2016

If you connect to a network that doesn't have access to the internet, it looks like Raygun empties the cache out in nowhere. If you later get's connected to the internet, the exceptions are never uploaded. This is a big issue for us, since our application is connecting by wi-fi to a hardware device while it is running. Do you check connection to real internet like Windows using "http://www.msftncsi.com/ncsi.txt" before uploading?

Jason Fauchelle

Raygun

Posted on
Apr 08 2016

Hi Lars,

Raygun4Net simply attempts to send the message to Raygun, and if this results in an exception, then it gets cached (or just not deleted if it is a cached message being sent). I've made a note to look at improving this for the next Raygun4Net version.

-Jason Fauchelle

Lars Ryssel

Posted on
Apr 08 2016

Hi Jason It was my mistake. It works perfectly as it is supposed to. I have verified. :-) Thanks Lars Ryssel

Jason Fauchelle

Raygun

Posted on
Apr 11 2016

Hi Lars,

No worries, great to hear there's no problem!

-Jason Fauchelle