Add option to randomize identifiers, if they are emails

bgx

Posted on
Aug 13 2021

We currently submit user email addresses as UUID, but will change this to randomized identifiers for further GDPR compliance.

For websites we can change the format immediately, but we also have legacy desktop clients which will keep sending email addresses until replaced.

It would be great, if there would be an option to stop storing email addresses (similar to being able to stop storing client IP addresses) and if UUIDs could be randomized if they are email addresses (but not otherwise).

Deleted User

Raygun

Posted on
Aug 16 2021

hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

Currently, we don't support the ability to modify email addresses once they've reached us. My recommendation would be to submit this feature request in our feature request forum, once it gathers enough upvotes from the community, we will be looking to prioritise it as part of our product roadmap. And as a bonus, if you've created or up-voted a feature request, you will receive a notification from us, as soon as the feature becomes available within Raygun.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Kind regards, Hetvi

bgx

Posted on
Aug 25 2021

Thanks, I reported it here, because this is about general user management. I added a feature request now in the APM section, but it should apply to crash reporting and Real User Management as well. There is no general feature request section.