Unable to create a version text filter

Jeff K

Posted on
Mar 18 2021

I am unable to use text for the version filter, despite using "Equal to".

Jeff K

Posted on
Mar 18 2021

Apologies for the duplicate, I tried to edit this post to add an attachment, and a new post appeared.

Sam

Raygun

Posted on
Mar 18 2021

Hi Jeff

Thanks for your feedback. You do raise a valid point, it does seem that you should be able to add a version value that is text-only. This version-equal-to filter will work with a version such as "1.0.0-pre", but not with text characters alone. It may be a case of either changing the logic here to allow text-only versions, or improving the help message so that it is more clear.

Do you expect to have more versions that are text-only? As a workaround for this case, you could change the version you send to be something like "0.0.1-test", then permanently ignore any crash reports with the "test" tag.

Let me know if that could work for you.

Thanks Sam

Jeff K

Posted on
Mar 18 2021

Well, what I actually want is for exceptions thrown during tests to not come to Raygun. So, during my end-to-end tests.

At the moment all my versions are text, since I'm just using the commit-hash as a version. I will probably need to change that soon though.

Sam

Raygun

Posted on
Mar 18 2021

Hi Jeff

In that case, there may be something else you could filter on. For example, the Machine name, IP address, or URL.

Sam

Jeff K

Posted on
Mar 18 2021

Yeah, that's a good idea. That should work, thanks!