Email notification font is sometimes tiny and impossible to read

dougw

Posted on
Nov 16 2020

The font in email notifications varies depending, I guess, on some property of the stack trace. This often results in unreadable emails.

See attached screenshot, which was taken at 100% zoom in my browser and has not been resized!

John-Daniel Trask

Raygun

Posted on
Nov 18 2020

Wow, sorry to see that Doug.

First we've seen of this - but helpful to see you're in Outlook.

Mind forwarding that particular email to me? jdtrask@raygun.com -- we can check through the specifics to work out what's going on there.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but do appreciate you bringing it to our attention :)

Ollie B

Raygun

Posted on
Nov 20 2020

Hi Doug,

I just released an update that bumps the font-size up for you. This should make it a little easier to read :)

All the best!

dougw

Posted on
Nov 20 2020

Nice! looking forward to my next crash :)

dougw

Posted on
Dec 21 2020

FYI, this is still an issue for me.

John-Daniel Trask

Raygun

Posted on
Jan 14 2021

Hi Doug,

Sorry for the delay in coming back on this one.

Sounds odd - can you drop a screenshot of what you're seeing, if you have any zoom levels set, any high-DPI modes setup on your OS, etc?

Thanks,

John-Daniel Trask

dougw

Posted on
Jan 15 2021

I've sent a response with screenshots via email.

I've found that the issue occurs in Outlook on the web, but not desktop Outlook. The web version is scaling the entire email based on the longest (space-free) line in the stack trace.

Deleted User

Raygun

Posted on
Feb 16 2021

Hi Doug,

I am just following up to let you know we have investigated this issue further. We were able to confirm that Outlook is scaling the entire email based upon the longest space free line. There is an option to view the email with its original scale by clicking a resize button that appears in the top left corner of the email. Other email clients appear to take another approach and automatically wrap long running lines within the email.

At this point in time we will not be making a change for this particular scenario. However when we are next updating the design templates for our emails we will look to take these scenarios under consideration. Thank you for taking the time to raise this issue with us.

Regards, Mitchell.

dougw

Posted on
Feb 16 2021

That sounds reasonable to me. Thanks very much for following up!

Deleted User

Raygun

Posted on
Feb 16 2021

No problem at all, thank you for raising this issue with us.

Regards, Mitchell.