Can't delete application tied to Heroku but want to keep charges through heroku

grillermo

Posted on
Jun 03 2020

I added the heroku raygun addon and got a raygun application. Later on i create more applications through the raygun UI.

I want to delete the first application but where the delete button should be it says " This Application is tied to your Heroku application. To delete it, you need to delete your Raygun addon from within Heroku."

Due to internal compliance issues i need to keep paying raygun through heroku so i'm worried that if i delete the heroku addon will i lose the other applications.

John-Daniel Trask

Raygun

Posted on
Jun 03 2020

Hi,

I have bad news unfortunately: You need to create the apps from the Heroku side. Unfortunately because they manage the billing on a per-app basis, and control that, it's out of our hands (it is frustrating for us also, and we do migrate folks off of Heroku or other partners like Azure due to limitations imposed upon us).

So, I'd recommend not removing the application from Heroku, as that will cease billing and you'll not have a paid account at all. To create new applications, you'll also need to create them individually at the Heroku side as well. Again, more a limitation when we integrated with them.

We are looking at bringing other Raygun products (Real User Monitoring and APM) to the Heroku Addon store so we can have the team investigate if there may have been improvements Heroku have added in recent years to make this nicer, but for the time being you'll need to provision the apps in Heroku to manage it all.

Sorry it's not better news. Happy to discuss in more detail and discuss billing options (if there's any chance of moving from Heroku doing it) here: support@raygun.com.

Kind regards,

John-Daniel Trask