XHR stats ignored if using trackEvent or recordBreadcrumb

Johny

Posted on
Apr 30 2020

Hi, I develop a SPA app in Typescript for a client and I have seen that when I use these both functions the XHR stats are still sent to your server (seen using onBeforeSendRUM event) but their seems to be ignored by your server.

rg4js("trackEvent", {
            type: "pageView",
            path: "#" + screenID,
        });

rg4js("recordBreadcrumb", "Active screen: " + screenID + "; Is the previous screen = " + isForBackEvent, {});

In the Response Codes panel and Most requested XHR in the panel Performance I don't see any change. That is a limitation ? Could you please check that scenario ?

I initialise Raygun like this:

rg4js("apiKey", apiKey);
    rg4js("enableCrashReporting", true);
    rg4js("enablePulse", true);
    rg4js("setVersion", Config.versionNumber);
    rg4js("disableAutoBreadcrumbsClicks");
    rg4js("options", {
        ignore3rdPartyErrors: true,
        debugMode: false,
    });

The app use your npm package (version 2.18.3)

Thanks

Deleted User

Raygun

Posted on
Apr 30 2020

Hi Johny,

Thanks for getting in touch with this request. One of the engineers is currently looking into this. We will follow up with more information soon.

Cheers,
Nicholas

Product Manager,
Real User Monitoring.

Deleted User

Raygun

Posted on
Apr 30 2020

Hi Johny,

By using the trackEvent option, anything matching the path value will be recognised as a virtual page, meaning you won't see these come up as an XHR.

You should still be able to find these requests under any virtual page sections found within RUM.

For more information regarding this, see the Single Page Applications page in our documentation.

If you still cannot find these under virtual pages, please use the 'Contact us' link in the sidebar to get in touch with our support team, and we can investigate further.

Cheers,
Nicholas