Apple Mac OS Project Catalyst Support

j3software

Posted on
Dec 19 2019

Hi, It appears that RayGun does not work on MacOS. I have the Raygun framework in my iOS app using the steps here

https://raygun.com/documentation/language-guides/apple/crash-reporting/installation/

I do not see a different framework to download for MacOS so I assume that the same one works since its a "fat" library.

I thought maybe the Script needed to be removed since it was removing the architecture for iOS but removing the build script had no effect on the error. I cleaned the build folder as well.

The error when trying to build for the Mac is :

MyProject.xcodeproj Building for Mac Catalyst, but the linked and embedded framework 'raygun4apple.framework' was built for iOS + iOS Simulator. You may need to restrict the platforms for which this framework should be linked and embedded in the target editor, or replace it with an XCFramework that supports both platforms.

In the Project > General > Frameworks, Libraries, and embedded Content I have the raygun4apple.framework Platform =MacOS + iOS, Embed = Embed & Sign.

This seems to suggest that while the library is fat, its build for iOS. I don't see a fatter library on your website, so I'm confused.

Can you tell me what I am missing on how to get RayGun to work with building for MacOS 10.15+

Thanks

Deleted User

Raygun

Posted on
Dec 19 2019

Hi,

The Raygun4Apple provider is distributed as a package that when installed creates a directory for each platform.

• Library/Frameworks/raygun4apple/iOS
  • Library/Frameworks/raygun4apple/macOS
  • Library/Frameworks/raygun4apple/tvOS

Please try locating this folder and using the raygun4apple framework that targets macOS. Let us know if you encounter any more issues.

Thank you, Mitchell.