GDPR Compliance ?

bgx

Posted on
Apr 12 2018

GDPR compliance comes into effect in the EU on May 25th.

I couldn’t find anything on how RayGun is preparing for this or a statement on its position. Is there some information somewhere?

As I understand it key issues are around data retention and the ability to delete an individual user’s data on demand.

Data retention is very short in RayGun anyway, but I don’t think there is an ability yet to delete an individual user’s data. Or is there?

John-Daniel Trask

Raygun

Posted on
Apr 14 2018

Hi BGX,

The information isn't on our public site yet - it's hopefully going live in the next week or so. We'll be sending a note to all customers about this, posting it on our blog and putting an in-app message about it also.

We were already fairly in-line with the technical requirements, but there is work to be done to streamline the handling and update our privacy documents to be compliant. This is the work that's being done now. You can delete some data today, but you can expect to see some shiny new delete buttons on the user page, and the ability to remove individual crash reports (rather than the whole group) as needed to assist with the compliance also.

We'll also be adding a new Security & Privacy section to the Plan page, whereby you can provide your Data Protection Officer and EU Representative details, as well as generate the agreements necessary to fully comply with GDPR. This work is also currently being worked on.

We do have the legal documents and have already signed the DPA items with various customers. If you're comfortable waiting, you'll see everything on the site shortly, otherwise shoot an email to hello@raygun.com and we can have an account manager discuss this with you further and manually handle the legals :)

I hope that helps!

John-Daniel Trask

bgx

Posted on
Apr 14 2018

Thanks, that's great.